5.26.2010

the BIG one

Photobucket

We just got back from Vacation....a BIG one! We went to Miami, for a couple of days then went on a 5 night Cruise to the Eastern Caribbean. We had a BLAST! We stayed with my Bro Tyler & his family in Miami. They live right downtown Miami in a nice high rise apartment. It was like a hotel. My parents came too, because Ty graduated from Law school the Sunday before we set sail. Also joining us on the Cruise were 2 sets of my Aunties & Uncles from Canada. Linda & Ron and Phyllis & Dale...yeah it was a total Partay!
So get a snack and get comfortable because this post is the BIG one.
(Someday I will master the art of brevity but for now I must be share it all!)

We're off...Tanner's 1st airplane ride!


The Florida Everglades



Finding shells at Miami Beach. (nice soggy bottoms Todd!)




The view outside of Ty & Amber's downtown apt.


Goodbye to Miami!


Formal Dining every night!

I could go on and on about the food! It was good gourmet, (not weird gourmet), and extremely abundant!


1st Island - Grand Turk







Our Boat - Carnival 'Destiny'





Big Jim turned 63 on board the ship...what a great way to celebrate!


2nd Island - Half Moon Cay. This was our favorite beach!











Jimmy & Birdy


We indulged far too often at the 4 all you can eat ice cream stations on the boat!

A view from the back...


Our Dining partners each night - Ty & Amber celebrated their 8 yr anniversary on board.


The 'Grown-up' table!


3rd Island - Nassau -capitol city of the Bahamas.


We toured the city and we into Atlantis.It was pretty spectacular!



Goodbye 'Fun' Ship...we loved you and we'll think of you often...

Goodbye Miami...we'll crave you as we come back to our coats, clouds and SNOW!?
That's right people I said SNOW! Ugg..Carnival take me away...again...
Photobucket

4 of you like what you're seeing!:

Debi and Craig said...

That looks like you guys really lived it up! How fun! Loved the pictures and I'm glad you guys are home safe even if you did have to come back to our frigid weather. =)
Love you guys!

The Dudley Bunch said...

Great post Jen. Love the pictures...especially the ones of Todd frolicking on the sand??? And you look tan or toasty...not sure which, but who cares...fun!

Life Is Golden said...

So So So SOOOO fun! I can NOT believe that little Ty is a lawyer... good job bucko!
I would have loved to have squeezed myself into your luggage for that trip, pretty much the best bunch of people ever.
FYI - Your uncle Dale sealed Joel and I. NOBODY could have done a better job.

Bethany said...

That looks like so much fun Jenn! The pictures of Todd posing on the beach cracked me up big time. Does he know those are on the internet for everyone in the world to see? ;)